Chris, Arri, and I want to thank our security blanket, aka Iann Longenecker, for going with us to Ethiopia. Iann is my dear friend from the horse world. We have known each other for about fifteen years, riding together at the same barn. Iann and her family live in La Jolla, Ca, and Iann casually mentioned that she'd be willing to accompany us to Ethiopia, should we need any help bringing Arri home. We didn't hesitate to say "yes" to that offer! Iann had done the same for her brother-in-law and sister-in-law when they adopted from Russia, so she had an idea of what's involved in being an adoptive parent's security blanket!
Iann is the mother of two children, and she knew exactly how to train us. Let's see.....Iann took pictures of us, she wiped Arri's nose about a thousand times, she taught us how to change diapers, apply diaper rash cream, get a baby to go to sleep, prepare a bottle, and eat rice cereal; she held Arri when we needed extra hands; she timed the baby bottle/airplane take off and landing perfectly; and more than anything, she shared our greatest joy by being there for us. Iann was by our side when they handed Arri over to us for good, when we met her birth family, and when we said goodbye to Ethiopia. We are so grateful to her for her generosity in walking this journey with us, from start to finish, all the way to Ethiopia and back!
Iann is the mother of two children, and she knew exactly how to train us. Let's see.....Iann took pictures of us, she wiped Arri's nose about a thousand times, she taught us how to change diapers, apply diaper rash cream, get a baby to go to sleep, prepare a bottle, and eat rice cereal; she held Arri when we needed extra hands; she timed the baby bottle/airplane take off and landing perfectly; and more than anything, she shared our greatest joy by being there for us. Iann was by our side when they handed Arri over to us for good, when we met her birth family, and when we said goodbye to Ethiopia. We are so grateful to her for her generosity in walking this journey with us, from start to finish, all the way to Ethiopia and back!
| Chris and Arri, with Iann looking on |
mary--just had to say hi again. I'm so glad you decided to document this journey (mainly so I could catch up! and seem more pictures of the gorgeous girl!) because trust me, in a month the details-as precious as they are-will start to get fuzzy. I also love hearing about solomon...he makes my heart sing. I cried when I read about The Call and the day they handed Arri to you. That's why I read blogs--for those moments. I always cry :-) She is gorgeous. The three of you are gorgeous. I can't wait to bring the twins to visit Jack and Olivia soom so they can meet Arri too. Much much love and congratulations. -Kat (lori davis' friend )
ReplyDelete