Tuesday, October 12, 2010

God Found Us You

Finding books for children who are adopted is not an easy task. While many of the books out there are good, adoption is such a situation-specific topic, that a lot of the books don't connect with our individual circumstances. As I look at children's books, I am very careful about choosing books that explain adoption in language that is clear, concise, and child-friendly, and most of all, the books have to ring true for us, and our adoption journey.

I am in Oklahoma City, which happens to be the home of my favorite book store, Full Circle Books. I went there yesterday and asked about books for adopted children. After reading 7 books that weren't right for us, I found the one.

God Found Us You.

God Found Us You (HarperBlessings)

The story is so beautifully told and addresses all of the big issues--that we have prayed for God to bring us Baby A, and that Baby A's birth parents have "big reasons" for placing her for adoption. The main character is a fox. The animal books always get me!

The poor sales clerk came to check on me, and found a puddle of tears.

His response was, "A lot of people who ask for adoption books, end up needing kleenex."

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to reading this one! I know exactly how you feel about needing to stock a library of the right books for your family. Not an easy task! Lots of love, Caroline

    ReplyDelete