Wow! What a week it was!!!
I will post about the trip in the next few days, but I wanted to address what's next, first. On Friday of this week, we should have an idea of when we will bring Baby A home. It's possible that our Embassy date will be during the week of Thanksgiving (which is when we were supposed to be there for the first time), or, we will go the first week of December. At this point, it's a matter of how quickly our paperwork is processed.
I woke up at 4:00 am this morning, a little jet lagged, but also ready to roll with getting the house ready for A! We were absolutely thrilled to come home to a crib that had been assembled by Team Johnson while we were away. Now, we need to get the baby gates installed, and start buying food, diapers, and clothes! It's as if I have gone into labor a month early, and we're scrambling to adjust to the new schedule! Don't get me wrong....we are thrilled with the accelerated plan!
Baby A is wonderful. She is so happy and took to us immediately. I will be posting pics later in the week, and I'll write about what it was like to meet her for the first time!
We are still on Ethiopia time, which means it's bed time for us!
This is all so exciting!!! I'm so glad you got to meet your little girl! And soon she'll be living with you full time! Yay!!!!
ReplyDelete